What an honor for my folks to be voted into the Top 10 Best Home Staging Team! We are a partnership, with a full-time office coordinator, a warehouse supervisor, 4 freelance stagers (some of whom have been with us for all of our 10 years in business) and 2 marketing contractors.
In order to be considered for this award, there were strict submission rules that included not being a finalist last year and needing the work to be an actual client, not something in one of our homes. We are so busy, with volume up 80% this year, that this was an easy rule to follow. Other rules were:-
- The photo quality (clarity of the photo, proper lighting, was the same camera angle used for the Before photo as the After photo)? – this is often a challenge, but we are getting better at it.
- Does the staging highlight the focal point or architectural feature of the space? There is no other way to stage. Our focal point is usually a hearth or a great view. Otherwise, what’s the point?
- Is the furniture layout done properly? While this might seem a subjective judging category, we are often amazed at how homeowners will often leave a hole “where the Christmas tree always goes”, or position things for optimal TV viewing and expect to leave it like that when they list the home for sale. It’s so important to remember, when selling your home, that how you live in the home may not be the best (biggest, brightest, easiest flow, etc.) way the home can look.
- Is the proper scale of furnishings used in this space? Sometimes, we do not have the over-sized, over-stuffed furniture that one might expect to see in a very large home. However, the way we approach these kinds of home is to showcase the livability of each room, demonstrating the way a likely move-up family would decorate using the furniture they currently have.
- Is the color palette well balanced and appropriate? For us, we use one color palettes for each home, so that the whole house flows and feels harmonious. We have found a winning combination for our part of the country and we tend not to stray from them. This helps us maximize of our inventory’s usage, too.
In addition to our teamwork within Chicagoland Home Staging, we participate in The Real Estate Resource Team – a select group of 12 professionals passionate about education, and connecting with our local real estate community. Together, we provide resources and make up the TEAM a Realtor needs to get a transaction from LISTED to SOLD. We sponsor 6 annual educational seminars or events to support and connect with our local Realtors. The response has been so amazing our local board of Realtors has offered their resources to help advance and promote our group.